Welcome to the Alter/Ego Wiki
This wikia is dedicated to exchanging information about the Alter/Ego™ program and sharing the passion of the works produced with it.
Everyone is welcomed to edit freely; all we ask is that you refrain from non-productive edits and acts of vandalism, and that you be nice to other editors so this Wikia can maintain a safe, friendly working environment for all.View about wiki
What is Alter/Ego?
Alter/Ego is a vocal synthesizer by Plogue based on their popular and successful Chipspeech software. It is able to support multiple styles of synthesizer processes and is a stand-alone program and also available as a VST plugin of which additional vocals can be purchased for. It is currently made for English, Japanese and French.
- Want to sample the software?
Official Alter/Ego libraries!
!NOTICE! These vocals [NATA and VERA] are not supported by PLOGUE. A user's support is at their own risk.
Browse the wiki
Contents (All pages)
Contribute (Categories list)
- Community Portal
- Community messages
Alter/Ego and all related titles, logos, images and characters are ™ and © of PLOGUE. 2015–2022. All Rights Reserved. Original Presentation 2015–2022 PLOGUE. The images, text, and names etc. are used for non-profit informational purposes and all copyrighted images are attributed to their authors.
- Oct 2016, 'Daisy' will be retired from download. 'Bones' will become the default vocal of Alter/ego.
- Feb 2018, Plogue states Leora is the last A/E vocal - warns not to trust unofficial projects.
Development of A/E has ended.
- THE LATEST NEWS
- Vers. 1.551 released (May 2019)
- Plogue mentions they have made a UTAU -> Alter/ego converter, however it needs much more work (Nov 2017)
- Vers. 1.51 of Alter/ego released (Jan 2017)
- Marie Ork receives new clean vocal (Nov 2017)
- ALYS multipitch has been released! (Mar 2017)
- NATA has been released! (Jan 2017)
- Tera Eleki cancelled (Jan 2017)
- Marie Ork has been released! (Dec 2016)
- Bones released! (Nov 2016)
- ALYS released (Mar 2016)
Poll and opinions
Last updated 22 Dec 2016